A Sad Story (was: XServer / Embedded)

olafBuddenhagen at gmx.net olafBuddenhagen at gmx.net
Sat Oct 21 09:32:19 PDT 2006

Hi,

I feel I need to tell you a story about Mr. Fortaine.

A couple of months ago, he wasted a lot of various people's time, by a
series of clueless cross-postings to various lists related to operating
system research. Moreover, he stirred a lot of confusion, by quoting
various renowned researchers out of context on various lists.

After a while he got disappointed that people soon stopped taking him
seriously. He left in a flutter, declaring that all the projects are
ridiculous and irrelevant, so he will launch an own one with the people
sharing his mindset. After a few last flames, we never heard of him
again...

Well, except that obviously he lost interest in operating systems now,
and started on a new endaevour. Sadly, it looks like he is just as
clueless here, and follows the same methods of spreading confusion and
wasting people's time.

I don't know whether he is trolling on purpose, or just honestly stupid.
I can only advise all of you to ignore him, or at least to take anything
he writes with a tiny little grain of salt...

-antrik-