Disable stretching in ATI driver

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Mon Oct 23 05:28:58 PDT 2006

Hello,

I just switched from the fglrx driver to the open source ati driver
(r300, I'm using an ATI X600) and I'm very happy with the driver. 3D
acceleration is fast enough for me in Quake 3 and dual-head mode with
MergedFB runs better than with the stinking flgrx driver.

But I have one problem left: My display is 1280x800 (wide-screen) and
when I use a non-wide-screen resolution (1024x768) then the display is
always stretched to 1280x800. I've disabled Stretch-Mode in the BIOS.
Text-Modes and Vesa-Framebuffer-Modes are correctly displayed (not
stretched) but Xorg is not affected by the BIOS setting.

Is there an option to configure it? Like the CenterMode option of the
fglrx driver or the NoStretch option I've seen in other open source
drivers? I'm using the latest CVS version of the ati driver so a patch
for the source would also work fine for me.

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]