i810 maximum merged fb size?

Yaroslav Rastrigin yarick at it-territory.ru
Tue Oct 24 02:48:23 PDT 2006

Hi, Mark,
On Monday 23 October 2006 20:20, Mark Beierl wrote:
> Hello, all.  Just a quick question: I'm trying to get dual monitor
> mergedfb set up with the two monitors beside each other, which results
> in a virtual viewport of 2560 (1280+1280).  It seems that there is some
> limitation which prevents the virtual viewport from being > 2048.
> Anyone know why this is or if there is a way around it?
Option "NoMergedXinerama" "On"
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "i855GM_MFB"
    VendorName  "Intel"
    BoardName   "i855GME"
    Driver      "i810"
    VideoRam    32768
    Option      "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP"
    Option      "XVideo"        "on"
    Option      "DRI"           "off"
    Screen      0
    BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
    Option      "MergedFB"      "on"
    Option      "SecondPosition"        "LeftOf"
    Option      "MetaModes"     "1280x800-1280x1024"
    Option      "NoMergedXinerama" "on"
    Option      "SWCursor"      "on"
    Option      "LinearAlloc"   "8192"
    Option      "CacheLines"    "8192"
EndSection
Gives me 1280x1024 for both screens (laptop and external)

--
Managing your Territory since the dawn of the times