Default modules to load ... [using git question]

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 25 08:32:32 PDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:35:33 +0200
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de> wrote:

> Even with my script substituting git+ssh://git. to git://anongit. it
> takes several seconds per repository, or a total of >21 minutes for an
> update of the whole X tree. I, personally, call that slow. Even a
> cvs update of the monolithic tree was way faster AFAIR.
>
> For a single repository it's ok, of course.

Well it will depend on how out of date you are with those repositories
(how much has to be fetched), and how fast your connection and the
remote server are.  If you're using "git pull" make sure you're also
using the "-n" option.

Sean

PS.  If you wouldn't mind sending the list of all the repositories in
the list that you're updating, I wouldn't mind doing a bit of testing
to see if something can be improved for you.