MIT copyrights in X.org source base...

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Thu Oct 26 18:21:34 PDT 2006

I ran this draft by our lawyers, who had some comments.   Funnily enough,
they suggested that to avoid further license proliferation, we should just
use the MIT license instead of developing yet another variant - specifically
they pointed to the version at:
	http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

which they noted solves the "tree-killing" problem as well, without inventing
new language, by simply not having a clause at all that requires credit in
the documentation.   (They didn't really like adding "electronic" to the
existing clause.)

If you want to go forward with a custom version, I've got a couple nits from
them on the language there that I can forward as well.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com