fatal error in xorg 7.1; modul 64

Güven Türkol xguvenx at hotmail.de
Fri Oct 27 11:43:43 PDT 2006

hi everyone

I just installed xorg 7.1. the grafic-card is a

ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x (rev 64) on an old compaq evo
n400c.

it is a debian etch system with kernel 2.6.17.

when I run the xserver with ´startx´ I get this fatal error:

FATAL: Module mach64 not found.
[drm]failed to load kernel module "mach64"

furthermore I get this error:

(EE) ATI(EE) ATI (0): [dri] DRIScreenInit Failed
(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable (0): [dri] DRIScreenInit Failed
(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

in the xorg.conf in the section device I am using the ´ati´ driver.

thanks for any help and sorry for my bad english