Problem with VIA driver

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 13:41:57 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm running Fedora Core 6, which ships with Xorg 7.1, on my Siemens
laptop. It has a Unichrome graphics chip, but if I try to use the "via"
driver shipped with FC6 (xorg-x11-drv-via-0.2.1-7) my screen goes blank
when I start X, although the desktop seems to start up, its just that I
can't see anything on the screen. It works if I use the "vesa" driver.

Scanning the Xorg log I see this line:

(EE) VIA(0): Unknown Card-Ids (1734|10AB), report this to the driver
maintainer ASAP

Could anyone shed some light on this issue? Or point me to the right
place to report this?

The log file is here:
http://www.spacecentre.se/jacob/temp/Xorg.0.log

	-- Jacob