Xorg crashing after GDM login

Helmut Zimmer helmut.zimmer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 05:09:02 PDT 2006

My X server is crashing after I login from GDM login screen. Sometimes I get
the message about session lasting less than 10 seconds and note about
~/.xsession-errors file but sometimes the whole server crashes and restarts
itself (without having time to display any error messages).

.xsession-errors does not contain anything at all. Xorg.log also look normal
and I suppose it also should look normal since I can start to GDM normally.
I tried to create a new user if something should have been wrong with the
users settings but same thing happens. I don't recall if I had updated
anything before this behaviour started.
I'm running Debian Etch.

Any ideas how this might be fixed? Or where I should look for some error
messages?

--
HZ