Policy proposal: generate packages when autotools update

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Sat Oct 28 19:00:44 PDT 2006

> Dear god, no.  Please.
Hmm ... there's some ambiguity about how you feel about this Daniel.
Any chance you can tell us how you really feel? :)

> Mandating a standard environment to build the tarballs in is probably
> sensible, but automake 1.10 is pretty bleeding edge.  Does everything
> even build with that?
Id be more than happy to make it 1.9.6, but I am about to try a build
with 1.10, I'll keep you posted.

I think mandating a standard environment for releasing tarballs is
the key though. At whatever point we settle on that environment,
it may be worth spinning all the tarballs that don't conform, so
that we get everything on an even footing, at least once.

Kean