FW: Configuring Xorg for Palmax/Cyrix MediaGX

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Oct 29 10:39:35 PST 2006

Ar Sul, 2006-10-29 am 17:13 +0000, ysgrifennodd Editor:
> So, do you or anyone else have any views in this context with regard to
> the Xorg "vesa" driver?

You have little hope of either working on that system.

> A few weeks ago, I managed to get the PD1000 display working under DSL
> (Damned Small Linux). This uses XFree86 and the old 'svga' driver.

The old drivers probably do work, but you'll need to get traces of both
and figure out the differences. Thats probably more hours than its worth
doing for such a relic.

You could write a native 5520 driver from scratch, early versions of the
ggi project from years ago had a native 5520 driver. That would get you
a working box but again it would be a better investment in hours to
throw it away.

Alan