Missing Key Syms

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Oct 31 11:45:17 PST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:05:44AM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> >On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 06:21:06PM +0100, Florian Festi wrote:
> >>BLUE, CHANNEL, CHANNELDOWN, CHANNELUP
> >
> >Blue?!?
>
> Is that for the Blue button on Thinkpads?   (aka the "Access IBM" button?)

If it is, it needs a less obnoxious name.  Like VendorSupport or
whatever.

> >>SHUFFLE, SPORT, SUBTITLE, TAPE, TEEN, TEXT, TIME, TITLE, TUNER, TV, TV2,
> >>TWEN, VCR, VCR2, YELLOW, ZOOM
> >
> >What are these buttons?  Why do we have a yellow button?  How is that
> >possibly useful?
>
> Forget yellow - what does a "Teen" button do?   (Sounds vaguely like
> something that's illegal in most jurisdictions.)

I assume someone just looked at the labels on ten different DVD remotes.
Hence Zoom, Title, Menu, etc.  Having proper remote support wouldn't be
a bad thing, but NetNanny would probably do bad things to most of
freedesktop.org. :)

Cheers,
Daniel