[Fwd: macros: Changes to 'master']

Eamon Walsh ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Oct 31 13:40:44 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 21:50 -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> Ok  that might be an option, but looking at the Debian archive, there's the
> xmlto package[0], which advertises the ability to convert to all the
> formats we currently use, so that's probably a better choice. I think
> finishing the 7.2 relnotes is a higher priority (which the reason why I'm
> doing the conversion) but I'll see about adding support for xml right
> afterwards if Eamon or someone else doesn't do it first.

On my system I have _three_ different commands for doing docbook -> pdf:
docbook2pdf, xmlto, and dblatex.

I prepared output from all three and posted them to
http://people.freedesktop.org/~ewalsh/docbook.html

I personally think the dblatex output looks the nicest, and the dblatex
project seems to be quite active.  However dblatex won't generate
man/info pages.  The docbook2pdf output is next best.  I would stick
with docbook2xxx for now, I guess.

--
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov>
National Security Agency