Compiz on Intel GMA X3000

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Mon Sep 4 17:42:34 PDT 2006

Andrew Barr wrote:

>> These patches have not yet made it into the git repositories,
>> but you can extract them from the SRPMS and apply them manually.
>
> What are these patches to? I am already aware of the Compiz and xserver
> patches, and I have those already.

Fedora has more or less the same patch set, plus some more that aren't
relevant to compiz (such as better autodetection of xorg.conf defaults).

> I should note that this same setup works on my laptop with an Intel
> 855GM chip, it is this new 965G/X3000 hardware that is giving me
> trouble.

Compiz works very well here with a radeon X550; hangs the X server with
an older radeon 9600 card.  The hang happens at glXMakeCurrent() time,
but I couldn't investigate further because I'd have to debug over ssh.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/