xf86-input-mouse issues

Christoph Brill egore at gmx.de
Tue Sep 12 14:07:47 PDT 2006

Hi list,

I still stumble upon several problems in xf86-input-mouse-1.1.1. First:
there are random "scroll left" events when I scroll down really fast.
This mostly happens in eclipse in some several thousand lines of code
file (if that matters).
Second: My mousewheel click are often not detected. Or when the click is
detected and I click for a longer time (i.e. in blender moving the
camera) the state that it's clicked is "forgotten". Or if I double click
to get the click detected once, the first one is ignored and the second
one is detected twice (i.e. when copying text, first click: nothing
happens, second click: text appears twice).

IIRC I read that something like the first issue was fixed in the driver
some time ago (IIRC I read it in an announcement of xf86-input-mouse).
But it still happens to me. Can someone confirm this?

I'm sometimes blaming my wireless mouse for that issue, but it has never
happened in windows or in console gpm. So I'm not 100% sure. If I
cat /dev/input/mice something happens when I click the
mousewheel-button. But in xev nothing happens. Can someone help me with
this? Or do I have to dig through the source and find it myself?

I will report a bug if someone else is seeing this. The first problem
happens on a wired and a wireless mouse (both logitech), the second only
happened on my wireless one.

But first I'll be on vacation for two weeks and will be happily reading
the ansers to my question when I come back ;-)

Regards and keep up the good work(!),
  Christoph