HDTV native resolution issue

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:46:59 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 17:58 -0700, Grant wrote:
> I just set up my new 32" LCD HDTV (Hyundai Q321).  It has a native
> resolution of 1366x768, but I can't get my i810 onboard video to
> output at that resolution.  If I specify:
>
> DefaultDepth 16
>    SubSection "Display"
>    Depth 16
>    Modes "1366x768"
> EndSubSection
>
> and startxfce4, the screen just goes black.  In a previous thread
> here, someone thought the i810 had a set list of modes in BIOS, but
> the conclusion was that it could set modelines itself.

This requires the modesetting branch of the driver, see previous posts
about that.

You *might* be able to patch the BIOS (in RAM; not persistent across
reboots) using the 915resolution tool. I don't know about the resolution
you specify, though, that looks kinda wacky to me.
--
Andrew Barr | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/

"Buzzword detected (core dumped)"
  -- seen on linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org