X.Org Foundation Memberships

Stuart Anderson anderson at netsweng.com
Tue Sep 19 18:56:50 PDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, David Nusinow wrote:

> Could you please detail what you actually want from the Application
> Statement box? It's rather opaque.

The Application Statement should contain some explanation of why you
have a vested interest in the X Window System. Often, this is simply a
statment that you are a developer for some project foo which is a part
of, or build on top of the X Window System. It could be that you are
doing some research or have a University project that is based on X11.

The requirments are fairly loose, you just need to demonstrate something
more applicable than "I want to collect as many memberships for my
Resume/CV as possible".

> Also, my application was rejected, and the rejection notice says to reapply
> with the missing information, but when I do so it says that my username and
> email are taken. I'd like to be able to use this email address and username
> if possible.

Please use the main page to request the password for your account (it's
really there), and then login to the account, and "renew" it.

                                 Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                  BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149