Keysym additions.

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Sep 22 06:06:38 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 08:45:00AM -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> It seems to me Fn is useful as a modifier for the rest of the keys on
> the keyboard, which is a majority of the keys on the keyboard.  It is
> also useful when playing games and music that all keys actually generate
> codes for applications.

Right.  Modifier, in this case, means generates its own keysym, but
does not modify the scancode of the key that's just been pressed.

If you don't believe me that working your way back from modifier +
modified keysym to modified keysym is a nightmare, take a look at the
way the kernel's keyboard driver deals with SysRq, which, incidentally,
does just that.