Xresources examples in X.Org man pages

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Sep 25 10:37:26 PDT 2006

Igor Sobrado wrote:
> Hello.
>
> X.Org (and the latest releases of XFree86 if I remember correctly)
> has some problems formatting Xresources examples in the man pages.
> I am currently using X11R6.9, but I suppose that the problem I am
> outlining here exists on latest releases too.

Considering that X11R6.9 is the last release that used Imake and the
old rules for generating man pages, I would assume nothing is the same
between 6.9 and the current releases unless you've checked.

> Some examples of broken code listings:
>
>   - xclipboard(1) -- resources code just before the SEE ALSO section.

Looks fine to me in the current head, but head also switched from using cpp
to using sed for pre-processing xclipboard.1.   (During the 7.0 autotools
conversion, most manpages that only needed simple string replacements were
converted to use sed instead of cpp as it was simpler to do in
autoconf/automake that way.)

>   - xdm(1) -- code in the RESOURCES FILE section and the
>     xlogin.Login.translations subsection.

This one is still cpp pre-processed, but I'm not sure what in the RESOURCES
FILE section you're referring to being corrupted, as it also looks fine to me.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com