problem compiling xf86-video-intel

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:16:42 PDT 2006

On 9/28/06, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> The machine is a i386 running debian testing, with autoconf 2.60a,
> automake 1.9.6 and autogen 5.8.3. The error I get when I ./autogen./sh
> is:
> ./configure: line 20685: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
> ./configure: line 20685: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'
>
> The m4 macro XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT is never defined indeed. Need I
> install or configure some additional stuff before I may ./autogen.sh?

I believe that you need the aclocal macros that come with xorg-server.
On my system, /usr/share/local/xorg-server.m4 defines:

# XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT()
# Checks for the $1 define in xorg-server.h (from the sdk).  If it
# is defined, then add $1 to $REQUIRED_MODULES.

AC_DEFUN([XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT],[

I don't know how Debian packages X, but you'll also need the
xorg-server.pc file since this macro calls pkg-config on xorg-server.

Hope that helps.

--
Dan