ATI ALL IN WONDER error

Warren Sypteras slbubba at charter.net
Fri Sep 29 17:22:12 PDT 2006

Alex and others;

If you are installing with an ATI All In Wonder (i.e 9600 XT)  the
missing microcode file in the Xorg.log file (see below) can be found on
the ATI installation CD.  The file is a binary and named " ativmc20.cod "

The file can be found in 3 sub-directories:

./install/WDM/WDM_2k/ativmc20.cod
./install/WDM/WDM_9x/ativmc20.cod
./install/WDM/WDM_XP/ativmc20.cod

You need to copy and rename it to match what Xorg is looking for.  Once
done, restart X and you're good to go.  This file is needed for the
multimedia component of the ATI card.  I needed it for avview which now
works but still has a problem with audio.  So if anyone knows if the
audio has been fixed please let me know.  I'm running
avview-0.80.3-5mdk.i586.rpm on Mandriva 2007 RC2.

Thanks

Warren