Does ADD2-N card for 915G/945G work in 965G?

Tommi Sakari Uimonen tuimonen at cc.hut.fi
Sun Apr 1 02:06:58 PDT 2007

Hello.

I've been trying to hunt ADD2-N card for my Asus P5B-VM, but where I live,
I've seen only cards that are told to work with 915G/945G, for instance a
card by Asus, prod. no. 90-YD01S01-XBNZ. I even tried to ask Asus whether
it works with their own mobo with 965G, but no answer. The only "965G
compatible" cards I've seen on sale are on ebay (based on Sil 1364 chip)

I read you guys have bought "a pile of ADD2 cards". Was any of them
advertised to work with 915G/945G but also worked with 965G?

Another question. I found this thread from xorg archives, where some guy
has the same mobo as I, and got the ADD2 card to work only after
'initializing' it in windows machine.

http://lwn.net/Articles/194763/

"I would not really describe the process of getting an ADD2 display from
my ASUS P5B-VM with such a card at all pleasant. So far, I have gotten
nothing out of the display. I suspect it is impossible to configure the
bios on the ADD2 display. I do not know if it is possible to get the
system to display boot information on the ADD2 display. I have not yet
gotten X to display anything on the ADD2 display."

and later he postes a solution

"The eventual critical step appeared to be to load the Intel driver under
windows. After this, I was able to get BIOS, linux console, and X on the
DVI output."

Is this mobo specific problem?

Tommi