No 3D on Intel X3000 running on Ubuntu Feisty (and Edgy)

Martin Bruset Solberg martibs at stud.hist.no
Sun Apr 1 04:00:30 PDT 2007

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty with an Intel G965 with onboard X3000 graphic
controller. I'm not able to get any openGL output, and running glxgears
gives this output:

$ glxgears
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5a
glxgears: bufmgr_fake.c:746: bmGenBufferStatic: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Another Ubuntu user, using Ubunty Edgy, has posted the same problem on
the Ubuntu forums, and more detailed information can be found in this
thread: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=337043

Is this a configuration error, or some driver bug?