libX11: fixing public headers?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Apr 1 15:56:35 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 11:50 +0200, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:

> What does everyone think about adding "const" there?

C programs may end up generating extra warnings, but C++ programs may
start to fail to compile.

> Can/should we do that?

I guess the question is what bugs we expect to uncover by eliciting
additional compiler warnings and errors. If we expect these are being
mis-used, it would be a good thing. However, if we just end up breaking
a lot of otherwise correct code, it doesn't seem like a good plan.

keith.packard at intel.com