Question about downloading modules

Jon Grosshart jgrosshart at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 22:07:49 PDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> > compiz
> > mkcomposecache
> > rendercheck
>
> compiz and rendercheck aren't X.org packaged, they exist in our repo
> but X.org doesn't release them as part of the rollups...
>
> mkcomposecache I'm not sure about..
>
> Dave.

Ahh.... Gotcha. The X11R7.2 directory is missing stuff from just about every
"module" directory except for xserver... :-) This seems a really haphazard
way to store hundreds of packages that are all supposed to work together.
It's bad enough imake (sorry to bring that up) is out the window but having
a scattered repository just pushes things over the top for me... :-)

Is there anyway for me to determine ALL modules that are intended to be
included in X11R7.2 or am I going to have to browse Fedora, Ubuntu
et.alland try to make a determination based upon what they are using?
Documentation seems to be almost non-existant with regards to building by
hand.

The most logical thing for one to assume is that:

If it's NOT found in the X11R7.2 directory AND it's not listed in
deprecated, then you are MEANT to extrapolate the remaining packages from
individual. That's really the only way it can work unless I'm missing
something..

To the best of my knowledge, individual/ is the ONLY directory that contains
"everything"... I've built 7.0 and 7.1 a few times but I'm at a stand still
with 7.2 untill I figure out what's going on with the download server...

Thanks again guys for your help.

Jon