RFC: Video decode acceleration API

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Apr 3 03:41:10 PDT 2007

On Apr 03, 07 10:17:23 +0200, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> I believe there are starting to put again such things, i read somewhere that
> vista keep pixel shader too busy for letting them properly decode video,
> thus
> in the next generation card ATI likely put back a dedicated video decoder:
>
> http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/03/16/r600_family_has_independent_video_processor/

I assume, this one will be fully programmable as well. Anything else
doesn't make sense. Also I guess it might be heavily shielded for all
those HDCP requirements, so I'm unsure whether an open source solution
will ever be possible for that architecture...

Just 2 cents

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __