[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati-6.6.191

Daniel Kasak dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Tue Apr 3 13:56:17 PDT 2007

Xavier Bestel wrote:

>> Does this one works on r300 with EXA ? Esp. with 3D compositing WM ?
>>

> Answering my own question here, for those interested: it's still
> extremely slow with EXA + beryl on r300, I had to revert to XAA for now

As far as I know, there's no point in using EXA on r300, fullstop. The
latest xserver release candidates have some server-side EXA stuff that
make compositing usable ... almost ... but if you're using Beryl, then
you're getting than via another method, so I don't really see why you
want EXA anyway.

Dan