Intel 915G Can't get 1680x1050 to work

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Apr 3 15:12:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 17:08 -0500, david rankin wrote:
> > From: "Andrew J. Barr"
> > On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 14:01 -0500, david rankin wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks Andrew,
> >>
> >>     I have downloaded xf86-video-intel-1.9.93 but I have not compiled it
> >> yet
> >> because I need to figure out the ./configure options for the PREFIX and
> >> EPREFIX directories for SuSE 10.0. You said the 2.0 release candidates. I
> >> can't find them. I'll take another look.
> >
> > 1.9.9x are the 2.0 RCs
> >
> >> Do you know offhand what the
> >> ./configure options should be for SuSE 10? I would really like to solve
> >> this
> >> problem....
> >
> > './configure --prefix=/usr' should do the trick on most distributions.
> >

> Crud... I am having compile problems. ./configure bomb with the following
> error:
>
> <error>
>
> checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server
> xproto xvmc fontsproto ) were not met:
>
> Package xorg-server was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-server.pc'
> No package 'xorg-server' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
> and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> </error>
>
> The problem seems fairly obvious, I need the xorg-server source. But what is
> the (xproto xvmc fontsproto) stuff. Do I need to download it separately?
> Will I also need to download drm and mesa?
>
> Any other pearls of wisdom you can share.

Those package requirements are supplied by the xserver, xproto, libXvMC,
and fontsproto modules.  You probably have at least xserver already, so
you need to install the rest.  Your distribution may be hiding the
required pieces for building software under a -dev package.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com