vga-to-scart connection for Intel chipset?

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Fri Apr 6 13:03:48 PDT 2007

"Csillag Kristof" <Csillag.Kristof.ext at united-consult.hu> writes:

> Is it possible to build a direct VGA-to-SCART cable that would work with
> integrated Intel graphics chipsets?

I'm using i915 (GMA900 or so) with PAL TV and it works but still needs
some software tweaking (WRT field parity sync).

> There are several schematics floating around (See [1], [2]) to connect the
> analogue VGA input directly to the SCART input on the TV (supposing the TV
> supports RGB input), but these are closely dependent of the exact nature
> of the VGA signal output by the VGA card.

I have just connected both HSync and VSync outputs (through 2 diodes
and a pair of resistors (voltage divider)) to TV sync input. Intel
chips probably don't do CSync so this external circuit is needed.

You can't probably use a 13.5 MHz pixel clock, something like 27 MHz
should work (26.971 is most close? Not sure, haven't finished
experiments yet due to -ENOTIME).
--
Krzysztof Halasa