Still slow RE: intel I945 graphics

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:51:07 PDT 2007

Atwood, Robert C wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>> Also, are
>> you using the 'i915' or the 'i915tex' driver? To force one over the
>> other, try setting:
>
> 	Option "Legacy3D" "true"
>
> Ok I tried that, no change!

It sounds like your program is using some GL functionality that is
either not accelerated by the Intel hardware, or is not implemented in
an accelerated fashion in the driver. In that case, you are better off
using the git driver because any new functionality will show up there.
I'm afraid your problem is beyond my level of expertise, so hopefully
someone else on the list can help you out or maybe an Intel person can
speak up about missing functionality either in the driver or the hardware.

Good luck,
Andrew