xf86-driver-ati 6.6.191 not tagged...

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Apr 11 06:04:55 PDT 2007

On Apr 11, 07 14:50:23 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 14:45 +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > I just noted that ATI driver release 6.6.191 isn't tagged.
>
> My tree has an ati-6.6.191 tag... try git-fetch -t?

       -t, --tags
           Most of the tags are fetched automatically as branch heads are
           downloaded, but tags that do not point at objects reachable from
           the branch heads that are being tracked will not be fetched by this
           mechanism. This flag lets all tags and their associated objects be
           downloaded.

I read this as if -t shouldn't be needed in 99.999% of all cases. This
was also assured by Linus to me. The released version is certainly
reachable from master, or is it outside of any known branch? That would
be a broken repository IMHO.

Maybe you can do a git-cat-file -t `cat .git/refs/tags/ati-6_6_191` (or
however it is called in your tree) - if it is of type "commit", it is a
local tag, only if it is of type "tag" it's a global one.

> P.S. there's an xf86-video-ati specific list.

Didn't know that. It's certainly not described on the X.org wiki. It
also hasn't moved to lists.freedesktop.org yet, so it's really hard to
find. But thanks!

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __