Sticky keys shouldn't be deactivated by pressing keys in parallel

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Thu Apr 12 09:51:21 PDT 2007

Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at sun.com> writes:

Hi Alan,

>> But in the meantime I found the accessx [1] utility which can do
>> this.
>
> accessx was also included in X11R6.6 from the old X.Org, but we lost
> it when moving to the XFree86 code base for X11R6.7 somehow.  I guess
> if this site is maintaining it now, we don't need to worry about it.

But it seems to be quite dead. The last release is about 4 and a half
years old, and the applications (`ax' and its tk interface `accessx')
have some inconveniences that need to be fixed [1].

I wrote an email to the address listed on that page [2]. If somebody
included back into Xorg and maintained there. At least there has to be
one (command line) tool to manipulate Xorg's accessibility features.

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] The config file is ~/AccessX, but ~/.config/AccessX or ~/.AccessX
    would be more standard/unobtrusive. And there are options that are
    not saved in the config file, thus you have to adjust them on every
    server start.
[2] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/accessx/
--
My work on  free software is motivated by  an idealistic goal: spreading
freedom and  cooperation. I want  to encourage free software  to spread,