Is to possible to add a font without restarting the xserver?

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Thu Apr 12 16:37:03 PDT 2007

Greetinsg Barry!

Am Dienstag, den 10.04.2007, 15:48 +0100 schrieb Barry Scott:

> At the moment I restart the xserver whenever I add a new TTF font file
> to the system.
>
> If possible I'd like to be able to add the TTF font file without
> restarting the xserver.

	Should you happen to run GNOME, you could just drop the .ttf file in
your ~/.fonts directory, and you'll be able to use the new font right
away. There's no need to log out of your session or even restart the
xserver.

I would expect some similar capability on KDE and XFCE.

In case you run a different desktop-environment, I've no clue.

Best regards...

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller