Selecting External Monitor with xf86-video-intel-1.9.94

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Apr 15 10:18:11 PDT 2007

Until now I've been running on a Mac Mini with only an external monitor,
so there has been no issue.

I'm now trying it out on a 915GM based Fujitsu laptop, running the 7.2
server on OpenSuse 10.2.

I specified CRT in MonitorLayout, but

(II) intel(0): RandR 1.2 enabled, ignore the following RandR disabled
message.
(WW) intel(0): Option "MonitorLayout" is not used

(II) intel(0): Output configuration:
(II) intel(0):   Pipe A is on
(II) intel(0):   Display plane A is now enabled and connected to pipe A.
(II) intel(0):   Pipe B is on
(II) intel(0):   Display plane B is now enabled and connected to pipe B.
(II) intel(0):   Output VGA is connected to pipe none
(II) intel(0):   Output LVDS is connected to pipe B
(II) intel(0):   Output TMDS-1 is connected to pipe none
(II) intel(0):   Output TV is connected to pipe A

I do have  Option "monitor-VGA" "MyVgaMonitorSection" in the config
file, which I thought would select VGA on one of the pipes, but does not.

Can I force the VGA output from xorg.conf?

Is there a client that can run against the 7.2 server and use its
standard RANDR extension to do the selection?