Probably silly Q..

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 16 05:22:14 PDT 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007, Eirik Byrkjeflot Anonsen wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> writes:
>> Greetings;
>
>[...]
>
>> Did I get what was expected?  I've never had glxinfo kill x before that I
>> can recall.
>
>If you've upgraded some x libraries, you might have your nvidia
>libraries overwritten.  I seem to remember an upgrade of libGL.so had
>this effect for me.  The solution was to force a reinstall of the
>nvidia driver.

This may have been a good idea, I'd been copying the driver into the kernel
tree's as I boot each new kernel, which may be 1-5 times a day as I play
canary on the lkml.  Currently running 2.6.21-rc7-CFS-v2, feels very good
indeed.  User interactivity is helped by several orders IMNSHO, something
that the 2.6 family of kernels has been woefully unable to do till now.

This is the 2.6.21-rc7 patch, onto an unpacked 2.6.20 tree, followed by Ingo
Molnars  sched-cfs-v2-rc0.patch.

Anyway I exited x and did the re-install, and now glxinfo runs as expected.

Thanks Eirik.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)