PCI display adapter on SGI O2 under Linux

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Apr 16 09:38:29 PDT 2007

On Sunday, April 15, 2007, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > I honestly wish I knew more about X so I could do something about
> > this, or at least try to describe the error in a more coherent way.
> > Let me know if full /var/log/Xorg.0.log logs or more details with my
> > /etc/X11/xorg.conf files would be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Most PC graphics cards need to be posted by the bios to work properly.
>  You'll need to get your cards posted somehow.  The Xserver has a
> built in x86 emulator although I don't know what's needed to make it
> work on mips.

I don't know that Linux on MIPS supports the APIs X needs to do POSTing
yet...  If you implement the legacy_mem and legacy_io APIs for your
kernel, you should be able to get X working though (see
Documentation/filesystems/sysfs-pci.txt for info on what those APIs do and
how to implement them for your system).

Jesse