Khronos group, OpenGL ES/miniglx/EGL?

ZeAtShuttle zelco at xtra.co.nz
Wed Apr 18 03:21:16 PDT 2007

> 2.) is OpenGL ES just a specification or are there some drivers for
> some hardware, some ATI mobilty chipsets maybe or whatever GPU so it
> can be used on PC?

|Yep, most likely all the opengl es chip manufacturers provide a driver
|aswell, I don't know any better than that though.

thanks, just to clear it up a bit,

- is there special kind of GPU that is "OpenGL ES" certified or whatever?

- if yes, which graphic cards are "OpenGL ES", and are there any AGP, PCI-E or other that i can stick in PC or laptop?

-or maybe this "OpenGL ES" GPUs are 'too small' for that or maybe they only come integrated with other hardware in those mini-devices? is OpenGL ES exclusively for other(smaller) hardware, not PC?

-are there maybe some special OpenGL ES drivers for some of my geforce and radeon cards i have in PC or laptop?