Dell Latitiude C800 - problems with LCD

Sam ss99hi at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 07:16:16 PDT 2007

Once again thanks that did the trick.

I feel like an idiot, because once I read this, I remembered I had set those
values in an old config once upon a time...

For the record I used:

HorizSync    31 - 81
VertRefresh  58 - 76

I can even get 1600x1200.

As for 24 bpp, that doesn't quite work.  I get thin wiggly horiz. lines on the
right hand side of the screen.  I'm not too concerned about it though.  Now I
can go download some fonts, get KDE going and start using the machine.  :-)

Thanks again,
Sam