MS Windows Embedded, Qt/Embedded... Xorg/Embedded?

ZeAtShuttle zelco at xtra.co.nz
Thu Apr 19 09:16:42 PDT 2007

hi,

>"I would like to disable the blue file browser that is in the upper right corner, what is the best way to do that? "

there is a single script in the whole sistem - /etc/StartUp.sh,
just edit/delete the line - /bin/NDN/ndn

please note,
that 'blue browser'- ndn, is a *window manager/system* as well, its console based but you can use it just like X, resize/move windows with mouse and stuff... so, you might like it when you work with multiple documents, especially if you wanna do Copy&Paste, its called Necromancer's DOS navigator and i find it most useful (try [ctrl | shift | alt ]+cursors) this thing can do anything what Midnight Commander does plus all that in windows too, interestingly, i dont think that many(if any) Linux users know about this either

>"I get the message:  "Terminating on signal 11".   I can not find gdb to debug the SEGV, is there a debugger?  "

i think you can easily fix "Terminating on signal 11", by changing display mode,
at the end of the file - sharks.c you'll find 3 lines with numbers - 320, 240, 32   <-try change these
or try to disable fog, see what happens

no debuger, however you can allways "install"(copy) myOS to some HD or USB or maybe best, just copy it to some folder and chroot, as long as you have it on rw you can modify it how you like

>"Thanks for your cool little Linux distro!  I will let you know when I have ported some of my
old GL test programs."

thanks, id just like to say that i dont think of it as 'distro' , more of a recipe to make one... and quite simple i would think, all you need to compile is kernel and SciTech, then a add, if you like, some "GNU" into it by using BusyBox..

but the distro i wanna make will fit in 2MB including 3D windows system, which, as someone here has noted and funny as it is - might turn out to work FASTER/better on embedded devices(OpenGL ES) than on desktop Linux (until driver crisis is resolved)

zelko
http://one.xthost.info/zelko/opengl.html