[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.0.0

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Apr 20 08:32:02 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 14:16 +0800, JM Ibanez wrote:

> Will this be the actual release for the intel driver? The fix for bug
> #10645 isn't in master yet, and it would affect users playing movies on
> the i852/i855 (i830_video).

Yes, this is the 2.0 release. The bug fix for 10645 isn't ready for
incorporation into the driver, although I'd like to get it there
reasonably soon. For that to be ready, I'd like to see it:

 1) Not depend on particular ordering in the array of crtcs
 2) Use an area-based mechanism for deciding which crtc gets the overlay
 3) Deal more logically with the panel fitting registers

I looked at what is needed here, and it looked like several days of work
as the original code is something of a mess. Instead of holding the
release waiting for this, I decided that it was more important to push
the release out now and plan on fixing bugs like this shortly.

Now that 2.0 is out, we can do releases of the driver on a regular
basis, so it will be easy to do a 2.1 release with just a few fixes like
this included.

keith.packard at intel.com