cross compilation error for xorg-serverX11R7.0

Sina Mallick education.sina at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:44:43 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I am trying to cross compile xserver for arm tergat...
I have been cross compile util (util-macro-X11R7.0-1.0.1)with patch as
mension at the web site....all required  protocals have  been sucess fully
cross compiled under  /proto  and  then
under lib i have been cross compile
Xtrans,libXau,libXdmcp,libXfontand,linXfont..As
these are the minimum requiredment for xorg-server compilation..
Now i try to cross compile xorg-server-X11R7.0-10.1 but getting error like
checking asm/mtrr.h usability... no
checking asm/mtrr.h presence... no
checking for asm/mtrr.h... no
checking sys/memrange.h usability... no
checking sys/memrange.h presence... no
checking for sys/memrange.h... no
checking machine/mtrr.h usability... no
checking machine/mtrr.h presence... no
checking for machine/mtrr.h... no
checking for sys/linker.h... configure: error: cannot run test program while
cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.
Can any body please tell me where is the problem?......
I am sending the log file also....i try to search from internet but not get
much help for cross platform....
But it seems its a  common problem for cross compiling xserver........
please advice me...
thanks
Debasree