xf86-video-intel-2.0.0 Xinerama bug

Keith Packard keith.packard at intel.com
Mon Apr 23 20:15:43 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 19:59 +0100, Alistair John Strachan wrote:

> Normally, the driver works fine. But I've recently been trying to set up
> multiple monitors (laptop panel + VGA display) without success. Merged/clone,
> it seems to work fine, but if I try to enable the Xinerama extension, the
> server crashes.

Yes, that's a known regression. You do not need to use Xinerama to
support multiple displays from an Intel chip though, the driver has
built-in multi-head support. You can configure it in the xorg.conf file
using instructions in the intel driver man page, or you can configure it
on the fly using the new xrandr application.

keith.packard at intel.com