CustomEDID Option for the nv drivers

Pedro A ARANDA paaguti at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 06:06:20 PDT 2007

Hi,

with getconfig on the horizon, and having an old Toshiba Satellite 2410
notebook,
which is more than fine for me at home, I'd really request to include an
option like
CustomEDID (from the closed driver) to read the EDID parameters from a file
instead
from the flat panel.

This is because some stupid programmer didn't care to put the right values
into
my PC and I'm forced to use the VESA driver on Nexenta in order to get the
full
resolution out the screen. I'm not going to be able to use the proprietary
NVIDIA
drivers, since they have dropped support of my GPU. No big deal, because
they
are also very unstable and crash my box too often.

KR,PA

Pedro A. Aranda
paaguti at hotmail.com