ATI M7 BLTs don't work on screen width not divisible by 64

John Klingler john at jupiter.com
Fri Apr 27 04:55:22 PDT 2007

Once again I am getting complaints from customers about the slowness of BLTs
on screen widths of 1400, which is now quite prevalent. Before we talked
about
solving the by defining surfaces that are multiples of 64 bytes but
displaying
only the 1400 byte screen width but we never found a way to implement this.

Perhaps someone has revisited this in the meantime and can help.

The first question I would like to ask is, since ATI writes the drivers for
Microsoft Windows, do they also have this problem or not?

John