Fwd: xf86-video-intel in ubuntu feisty (needed dependencies)

Javier Ruiz Hidalgo jrhbcn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:37:03 PDT 2007

Ross,

(i''ve ccd the xorg mailling list in case anyne runs into the same problem)

> > Biggest problem so far is when changing between my external LCD
> > monitor and my laptop one using the new xrandr (using something like
> > 'xrandr --output VGA mode 1280x1024 --output LVDS --off'). Doing so
> > changes correctly the screen (yeah!) but it randomly kills the
> > programs running (such as firefox, terminal, etc.) :-(
>
> Oh good, it's not just me who has that.
>
> It's a crash inside GTK+, when it is inspecting the size of the new
> screen.  It is querying the size of the screen via Xinerama, so it is
> possible that the new fake-Xinerama support in xrandr 1.2 is broken.
> However, when I tried to investigate this with a debuggable GTK+, it
> stopped crashing. :/

bummer! it might be difficult to find the bug then :-( Let me know if
you want me to test anything in my machine, i'll try the debuggable
gtk to see if i can get a backtrace...

later,

--
Javier Ruiz Hidalgo <jrhbcn at gmail.com>