Fwd: xf86-video-intel in ubuntu feisty (needed dependencies)

stefan deubeulyou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 04:56:59 PDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Brett Johnson <brett at hp.com> wrote:

> Compositing, and whatever OpenGL mojo wine/cxoffice uses to emulate
> directx and 'doze opengl doesn't seem to work, but I haven't had
> sufficient time or motivation to figure out why.

About Ross's packages and DRI/Composite/GL: after more tests, it looks like
there is some screen size limit in DRI: if "Virtual 2304 1024" is present in
xorg.conf,
(which is needed for my dual screen setup), DRI complains about the width
being > 2048...

Without the "Virtual" directive, DRI loads correctly; adding Composite (in
xorg.conf too)
sort of works: compiz runs, but doesn't redraw the screen as needed. Pointer
movement
is visible, but any change in any window (typing, checking a radio button,
...) isn't, until
I "force" a redraw by maximizing/minimizing, changing the window size,
etc...

So to summarize, on feisty+ross intel driver 2.0 / xserver 1.3
- impossible to get DRI with a screen width > 2048
- composite, compiz run but redraw issue

But google earth runs :p