Intel driver EDID not probing proper resolutions over HDMI

kofboy kofboy at 163.com
Wed Aug 1 20:16:25 PDT 2007

Nicolas Will,

>On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 16:54 +0800, kofboy wrote:
>>
>> while i use xv as mplayer video output, tearing is clearly visible.
>> useing -vo gl, no OSD of mplayer can be seen, OSD is much important
>> for me.
>
>-vo gl2 should do it
>
>        $ man mplayer
>        .
>        .
>        .
>
>        gl2
>                      OpenGL video output driver, second generation.  Supports OSD and
>                      videos larger than the maximum texture size.
>                         (no)glfinish
>                              same as gl (default: enabled)
>                         yuv=<n>
>                              Select  the  type  of  YUV to RGB conversion.  If set to
>                              anything except 0 OSD will be disabled  and  brightness,
>                              contrast  and  gamma  setting  is only available via the
>                              global X server settings.  Apart from  this  the  values
>                              have the same meaning as for -vo gl.
>        .
>        .
>        .
>
>Nico

yuv=<n> If set to anything except 0 OSD will be disabled.

-vo gl2:yuv=2 is important for me while pilaying 1080p H264/VC-1.
no yuv, colorspace conversion will eat about 60% CPU time on Core2 at 3G.

how to get 2D acceleration and OSD and tearless video with a non-overlay card such as g965? :(

        kofboy
        kofboy at 163.com
          2007-08-02