understanding GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

Amir Bukhari amir.bukhari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:40:33 PDT 2007

I am try to figure out how to use GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
extension in LG3D.
before I can use we need to add this extension to java3d, but this
will take a time.

my question is:
when I have a redirected window using XComposite and I have create
texture from its pixmap using the above extension. does the content of
pixmap will be always available to texture? I mean if the app draw to
it's window does the new content is available to the texture, or I
should create it again each time the window is damage?

surely when the window size is change I should create a new pixmap-->texture.

-Amir