understanding GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

Amir Bukhari amir.bukhari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:49:51 PDT 2007

thanks for the explanation

> Unfortunately we had to leave this behavior undefined.  For reliable results
> on every driver, you will need to re-bind the pixmap every time damage
> occurs.  glXReleaseTexImage followed by glXBindTexImage should be sufficient
> though, no need to create a new pixmap.

for example on nvidia cards (not Quadro)  rebinding the Texture to the
Pixmap (after each damage event) , cased the content of the pixmap to
be copied to the texture memory on the graphics cards.
currently we create a shared pixmap using redirected window pixmap,
each time a damage occure we copy the region affected by the damage to
the Java3d image data, which is binded to a texture. this will lead in
each frame the content of the image to be transfered to the texture
memory.

-Amir