'nv' support of NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE?

Paul Ripke stix at stix.id.au
Wed Aug 8 01:25:33 PDT 2007

I have a Dell box with onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, normally
running NetBSD. I have an LCD display with native 1650x1080
resolution.

It appears that I2C/DDC support is broken when using the 'nv' driver,
but works using VESA. If I copy the 1680x1050 modeline from a VESA
config and try to use it with nv, the LCD reports 1280x1024 56Hz,
and, obviously, the picture is all but unintelligible.

I tried booting a ubuntu 7.04 install CD, and the resulting config
and Xorg log can be found at:

ftp://stix.id.au/pub/tmp/xorg-7.2-ubuntu-7.04.conf
ftp://stix.id.au/pub/tmp/xorg-7.2-ubuntu-7.04.log

Also see:

http://www.mail-archive.com/xfree86@xfree86.org/msg21111.html

for my posting on the XFree86 lists.

I'm currently trying to build Xorg from git under NetBSD to see if
there has been any recent changes. All I'm after is just dumb
framebuffer support with the native LCD resolution - and with
NetBSD, I'm fairly sure the NVIDIA binary driver is not an option.

Any ideas?

--
Paul Ripke