Documentation wiki

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Aug 9 14:18:06 PDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Michael T wrote:

> Whenever I want to do something X related - on the driver side or the
> application side - I always find that I need a long time to find all the
> documentation needed for the task, and that that documentation often has
> gaps or is somewhat dated.  I wanted to suggest that you expand the
> documentation section of your wiki somewhat - on the one hand, adding in as
> much available documentation as possible that the authors are willing to
> licence appropriately for a wiki, and on the other hand, perhaps more
> importantly, encouraging users of the documentation to extend and update it
> themselves.  This might do a lot to help people developing for X and X.Org,
> and even ultimately help you get more code contribution.

What documentation specifically did you need?

Are you available to help writing the documentation?

I am interested in helping with this. Does anyone know if your wiki can be
maintained via cvs/svn/git/other? And can I check out the wiki source
(source of individual webpages with wiki markup) without manually going to
each webpage and choosing edit and then copy-and-paste?

  Jeremy C. Reed